HTK-AS18 US Navy and USMC high-viz Paint Set of 6
- Manufacturer: Hataka Hobby
- Type: model paint
- Medium: acrylic
HTK-AS18 US Navy and USMC "high-viz" Paint Set
The newest Hataka Hobby paint set offers a full line of colours necessary for painting of all US Navy and US Marines carrier-based planes from late WW2 to 1970s. It obviously includes Dark Sea Blue paint (used from late 1944 until 1955 on all US carrier-based aircraft) and Light Gull Grey accompanied by Insignia White (used after 1955 till late 1970s on all carrier-based US Navy and USMC attack planes).
Additionally, apart from Nigh Black paint (used for various application on all naval aircraft), the set contains two must haves for all naval aviation fans – Seaplane Grey (used for seaplanes, land-based patrol planes, but also naval helicopters) and International Orange (used for high-viz marking of naval training and SAR aircraft).
The set contains:
- HTK-A001 - Dark Sea blue (ANA 623) - Standard overall colour of US carrier-based aircraft (including AD-1..4, AF-2, F9F Panther/Cougar, F2H, F7F) from late 1944 until 1955
- HTK-A041 - Night Black - FS37038, used in various applications on many US Navy and US Marines planes, including on anti-glare panels
- HTK-A048 - Light Gull Grey (ANA 620)- Used for upper surfaces of carrier-based attack planes from 1955 till late 1970s. Also on some transport, patrol, AEW and ASW planes
- HTK-A049 – Insignia White (ANA 511) - Used on lower surfaces of carrier-based attack planes from 1955 till late 1970s (incl. F-4, A-6, A-7, F-14, RA-5, S-3A, A-4 and F-8)
- HTK-A061 - Seaplane Grey (ANA 625) - Standard colour of Navy helicopters from 1955 till late 1970s (except for SH-3s). Also on sea-planes and naval land-based aircraft
- HTK-A062 - International Orange (ANA 508) - Overall colour of early jet trainers. Used in “high-viz” schemes of naval aircraft in late 1950s, later on training and SAR planes