HTK-BS07 Royal Air Force paint set of 6 x 17ml - BLUE LINE
- Manufacturer: Hataka Hobby
- Type: Model paint
- Medium: acrylic
- Size/volume: 6 x 17 ml
- Remarks: for brush painting use
HTK-BS07 “Royal Air Force paint set” - BLUE LINE
RAF planes entered WW2 wearing a "Temperate Land Scheme" of Dark Green and Dark Earth (thus colloquially known as "Sand & Spinach" pattern) over Black and White bottom. After May 1940 undersides of all fighters (and later also fighter-bombers) were repainted to Sky "Type S". After the Battle of Britain, from September 1941 onwards, a scheme more appropriate for offensive patrols over continental Europe was introduced to Fighter Command aircraft - Dark Earth was replaced by Ocean Grey and Sky "Type S" with Medium Sea Grey.
HTK-BS07 includes standard camouflage colours of RAF planes during WW2.
The set contains the following acrylic paints, optimised for use with brush:
- HTK-B009 – Dark Earth – Used until August 1941 on upper surfaces of RAF fighters in Temperate Land Scheme. Later used on RAF bombers
- HTK-B016 - Dark Green – Used on upper surfaces in camouflage schemes of RAF fighters and bombers from mid-1930s till end of WW2
- HTK-B025 – Interior Grey-Green – Standard colour of cockpit interiors of RAF aircraft throughout the war
- HTK-B026 – Sky "Type S" – Used for lower surfaces of Fighter Command aircraft from May 1940 until August 1941. Also used on fighter-bombers
- HTK-B032 – Ocean Grey – Used on upper surfaces in RAF "Day Fighter Scheme", introduced on Fighter Command aircraft from September 1941
- HTK-B034 – Medium Sea Grey – Used on lower surfaces in RAF "Day Fighter Scheme", introduced on Fighter Command aircraft from September 1941