HTK-AS91 Modern Romanian AF paint set of 6 x 17ml vol. 1
- Manufacturer: Hataka Hobby
- Type: Model paint
- Medium: acrylic
- Size/volume: 6 x 17ml
- Remarks: for airbrush use
HTK-AS91 includes standard colours of Romanian fighter-interceptors since mid-1990s. The set contains 6 x 17ml paints.
HTK-AS91 “Modern Romanian AF paint set vol. 1”
In 1995 the Romanian AF started to introduce into operational service extensively modified version of MiG-21 under local name "LanceR". Of the total of 113 airframes modified by Aerostar SA (Romania) and Elbit Systems (Israel), 26 MiG-21M/MFs were upgraded to air superiority version LanceR C and formed the backbone of Romanian air defence till 2016. In 2012 Romania’s government approved a plan to buy 12 used F-16s from Portugal (including 3 ex-USAF aircraft supplied to Portugal for the resale) - 9 single-seaters and 3 twin-seaters, all upgraded to Block 20 MLU standard. The first six F-16s entered service with the Romanian AF 53rd Fighter Squadron in September 2016.
HTK-AS91 includes standard colours of Romanian fighter-interceptors since mid-1990s. The set contains:
- HTK-A031 – Gunship Grey - FS36118, used on upper surfaces of Romanian AF F-16A/B Block 20 MLU and LanceR C (dark grey)
- HTK-A054 – Grey – FS36270, used on upper surfaces of Romanian AF F-16A/B Block 20 MLU and LanceR C (fresh mid-grey)
- HTK-A037 – Light Ghost Grey – FS36375, used on upper surfaces of Romanian AF F-16A/B Block 20 MLU and LanceR C (faded mid-grey)
- HTK-A035 – Dark Ghost Grey – FS36320, the best match for original colour of radome (nose cone) of Romanian AF F-16A/B Block 20 MLU
- HTK-A154 – White Grey - The best match for the base colour of upper surfaces of Romanian AF LanceR C (fading towards white)
- HTK-A284 – UN Blue - The best match for light greenish-blue colour of lower surfaces of Romanian AF LanceR C interceptors