70010 TS-11 Iskra bis DF Expert Set!
- Manufacturer: Arma Hobby
Delivery time: 1-3 days
- Type: Aeroplane kit
- Medium: plastic + photo-etched parts
- Scale: 1/72
- Net Price: €14.09 €17.33
Model of the Iskra trainer jet in Polish and Indian livery 1/72 scale.
TS-11 Iskra bis D/DF kit
Model of TS-11 trainer jet with accessories. Recommended for intermediate and advanced level modeller.
- TS-11 Iskra plastic kit with rocket pods and dropped flaps
- PE parts for interior detail and FOD mesh covers
- Big decal with 4 different markings schemes (3x Poland 1x India)
- Pre-cut canopy and wheel masks
- TS-11 Iskra bis DF - 3H-1411, 41st Tactical Aviation Squadron Słupsk – Redzikowo, May 2004. Currently aircraft is exhibited in Polish Weapons Museum in Kolobrzeg.
- TS-11 Iskra bis DF - 3H-1806, 41st Tactical Aviation Squadron, Malbork, April 2009. Previous user’s (1st Tactical Aviation Squadron from Minsk Mazowiecki) insignia painted on nose. Currently aircraft is exhibited in Polish Weapons Museum in Kolobrzeg.
- TS-11 Iskra bis DF - 3H-2013, 7th Special Aviation Regiment, 2nd section of 1st Aviation Squadron, Polish Navy, Siemirowice AB, August 1993.
- TS-11 Iskra bis D, Air Force Academy, Hakimpet Air Base, Hyderabad, India, 1976.
History of the TS-11 Iskra bis D/DF aeroplane
The TS-11 Iskra jet plane was constructed by Tadeusz Sołtyk and produced at WSK "PZL Mielec" factory in 1964-87. It was designed to provide the Polish People's Army Aviation with an inexpensive and safe training platform for jest pilots. In the 1970s, the TS-11 Iskra bis D training-assault version and the TS-11 Iskra bis DF training-reconnaissance version were introduced into production. In 1975, 50 TS-11 Iskra bis D aircraft were sold to India, where they proved themselves in service at the Air Force Academy in Hakimpet, near Hyderabad. TS-11 bis D / DF planes have served in Polish Aviation for more than five decades, training pilots of combat jet aircraft. They were withdrawn from service in December 2020.
The TS-11 Iskra bis D / DF aircraft were armed with a 23 mm cannon and four underwing pylons 100 kg for bombs or pods with MARS-4 unguided missiles.