HTK-AS21 Early WW2 French Army paint set of 8
- Manufacturer: Hataka Hobby
HTK-AS21 “Early WW2 French Army paint set”
French AFV of 1920s and 30s wore an unmatched number of colours and shades (which often differed as the paints were mixed in combat units and due to low pigments quality in that time). After WW1 majority of French Army vehicles wore overall Olive Green coat (except for Renault FT tanks).
The return to colourful camouflage was officially induced by instruction of March 1937 listing not less than 16 colours, selected three of those ("sky", "ground" and "shadow" colour) to be used on each vehicle. In reality this regulation was quite loosely followed by AFV producers, which used up to five or even six colours on the same vehicle.
In late 1938 a new instruction was issued introducing a scheme of Grey-Green and Earth Shadow, which was the last official camo scheme of French AFV before 1940. HTK-AS21 contains a selection of 8 most popular colours of that period – selected and composed with help of renown AFV modelers.
List of French tank colors 1917-1940:
- HTK-A094 - Vert Olive - Standard colour of army vehicles from 1918 till early 1930s (except for Renault FTs), also base in some 1930s camo schemes
- HTK-A095 - Gris Bleu Clair - One of "sky" shades as stipulated by March 1937 provisional instruction, used on D2, R35, S35, FCM 36 and AMR 35 tanks
- HTK-A096 - Gris Clair Neutre - One of "sky" shades as stipulated by March 1937 provisional instruction, used on H35, S35, R35, FCM 36 and H39 tanks
- HTK-A097 – Jaune d'ocre - One of "ground" shades as stipulated by March 1937 instruction. Earlier used on Renault FT, B1 bis, D1 and D2 tanks
- HTK-A098 - Terre d'ombre - Widely used in camo patterns from 1917 (on Renault FT tanks), through 1937 scheme to last pre-war camo (1938 instruction)
- HTK-A099 - Gris Vert - Used from August 1938, together with Terre d'ombre, in the last pre-war camouflage pattern of French AFV
- HTK-A057 – Beige - One of "ground" shades as stipulated by March 1937 instruction. Earlier used on Renault FT, B1 and FCM 2C tanks
- HTK-A063 - Vert Foncé - One of "shadow" shades as stipulated by March 1937 instruction. Earlier used on Renault FT, B1 bis, D1 and AMR 33 tanks