HTK-AS53 Early US Navy paint set of 6
- Manufacturer: Hataka Hobby
- Type: Model paint
- Medium: acrylic
- Size/volume: 6 x 17ml
US-Navy i US Marines airplane colors 1919 - 1942. Set of 6 acrylic model paint 17ml.
HTK-AS53 “Early US Navy & USMC paint set”
After end of WW1 US naval aviation (both US Navy and US Marines) adopted a standard aircraft camouflage of overall Aluminium Dope, initially supplemented by Naval Aircraft Grey on all metal parts (ruled out in mid-1930, when aluminium paint provided enough anticorrosion protection). Orange Yellow was used as high-viz feature on upper wing surface. In 1941 a new scheme was implemented of overall NS Light Grey. It remained in use only for 10 months, replaced by final pre-WW2 scheme of NS Sea Grey / Blue Grey over NS Light Grey.
HTK-AS53 includes standard camouflage colours of US naval planes from 1919 till 1942. The set contains:
- HTK-A078 – Aluminium – Standard colour of US Navy planes from 1919 till late-1940 (first used on fabric elements only, from mid-1930s also on metal parts)
- HTK-A050 – Light Grey – FS36495, the best match for pre-1943 ANA 512 "Naval Aircraft Grey", used for painting of metal parts of US Navy planes till mid-1930s
- HTK-A066 – Insignia (Orange) Yellow – ANA 506 "Orange Yellow", used from 1925 till late-1940 for painting of the upper wing surface of US Navy aircraft (high-viz feature)
- HTK-A048 - Light Gull Grey – FS36440, the best match for ANA 602 "NS Light Grey", overall (from 01/1941) and undersides (from 10/1941) colour of US Navy planes
- HTK-A218 – Blue Grey – FS35189, the best match for ANA 603 "NS Sea Grey / Blue Grey", used from 10/1941 till early-1943 on top surfaces of US Navy planes
- HTK-A030 – European I Grey – FS36081, the best match for pre-1943 ANA 513 "Engine Grey", used for painting of US Navy aircraft engines and other elements