HTK-AS54 Early US Navy Section Colours paint set of 6
- Manufacturer: Hataka Hobby
- Type: Model Paint
- Medium: acrylic
- Size/volume: 6 x 17ml
Kolory oznaczeń sekcji i lotniskowca dla samolotów US-Navy i US Marines 1931-1941
HTK-AS54 “Early USN & USMC Section Colours paint set”
US naval aviation introduced colour coding system for squadron identification already in 1925. The section coding (each squadron was divided into six sections) was formalized in 1930 with six standard section colours introduced to enable quick identification of any given aircraft. Squadrons applied their own colours to the tails until 1935, when aircraft carrier colours were also standardized. This led to a complicated system of carrier colour applied to vertical stabilizer and section colour applied to engine cowl, upper wing chevron and fuselage band of any plane.
HTK-AS54 includes standard ID colours of US naval aircraft from 1931 to 1941. The set contains:
- HTK-A219 - Insignia Red (FS11136, ANA 509)
- HTK-A220 - True Blue (FS15102, ANA 501)
- HTK-A221 - Willow Green (FS14187, ANA 503)
- HTK-A222 - Lemon Yellow (FS13655, ANA 505)
- HTK-A049 - Insignia White (FS17875, ANA 511)
- HTK-A041 - Night Black (FS37038, ANA 604)
The set includes a leaflet explaining US Navy squadron identification system based on example of VF-7 unit in 1940 with Grumman F2F-1 aircraft.