Tamiya 60792 Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II 1/72!
- Manufacturer: Tamiya
Delivery time: 1-3 days
- Type: Aeroplane kit
- Medium: plastic
- Scale: 1/72
F-35A Lightning II - the most rewarding modeling experience with Tamiya 1/72 scale kit
Plastic kit F-35A Tamiya 1/72
This model kit recreates the state-of-the-art F-35A Lightning II in 1/72 scale. It inherits many of the detailed features first seen in our 1/48 scale release. Thanks to extensive research, the A variant of the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is available to fans in either preferred scale.
- Scale plastic model assembly kit. Wingspan: 148mm, fuselage length: 218mm.
- Features refined molded depictions of radar absorbent material (RAM) sections on the surface.
- This kit can be assembled with one choice of the three ordnance patterns – stealth mode, air-to-air mode, and beast mode.
- Ordnance components can be attached to the weapons stations on the belly of the aircraft.
- (Weapons bay door can only be attached closed.)
- The fuselage with integrated wing has a realistic rendering of Blended Wing Body (BWB).
This kit also features realistic renderings of the following sections:
- Y- shaped air intakes
- Cockpit and landing gear bays
- Engine nozzle (one-piece design)
- Martin-Baker US16E ejection seat
- RCS (radar cross section) enhancers affixed to top and bottom sections (two for each, four in total) during basic training exercises.
- Boxes stored in nose landing gear bay.
- Choose from open or closed canopy (not interchangeable after assembly).
- Flaps are assembled in the up position.
- Canopy and EOTS sensor fairing on nose undersurface are recreated in transparent plastic.
- Includes a realistically recreated seated pilot figure with Helmet-Mounted Display (HMD) and ordnance components (AIM-9X Sidewinder x2 and GBU-12 Paveway II x4).
Comes with three marking options:
- 34th FS, 388th FW, U.S. Air Force Air Combat Command, Hill AFB, Utah
- 301st Fighter Squadron, 3rd Wing, Japan Air Self-Defense Force, Misawa Air Base
- 302nd Fighter Squadron, 3rd Wing, Japan Air Self-Defense Force, Misawa Air Base
- Includes masking stickers for painting demarcation of canopy and EOTS sensor fairing components, and a full-color painting guide.
More about the F-35 Lightning II?
"The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is an American family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole combat aircraft that is intended to perform both air superiority and strike missions. It is also able to provide electronic warfare and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities. Lockheed Martin is the prime F-35 contractor, with principal partners Northrop Grumman and BAE Systems. The aircraft has three main variants: the conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) F-35A, the short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) F-35B, and the carrier-based (CV/CATOBAR) F-35C.
The F-35 is a family of single-engine, supersonic, stealth multirole fighters. The second fifth generation fighter to enter US service and the first operational supersonic STOVL stealth fighter, the F-35 emphasizes low observables, advanced avionics and sensor fusion that enable a high level of situational awareness and long range lethality, the USAF considers the aircraft its primary strike fighter for conducting suppression of enemy air defense (SEAD) missions, owing to the advanced sensors and mission systems." (Online Encyklopedia)
F-35A Lightning for Polish Air Forces
"The first Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II for the Polish Air Force has formally entered production on the F-35 center wing assembly line in Marietta, Georgia, a significant milestone for Poland's F-35 program. This milestone was highlighted when Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki visited the facility today to learn more about Lockheed Martin’s efforts to support Poland’s armed forces." (Lockheed Martin Press Release April 12, 2023) Read more link.